Much of the joy in crafting is in the process. Taking materials and using your creativity to make them into something else is empowering. However, there’s also a pleasant feeling that goes along with finding out someone else enjoys what you’ve created. I got to experience that last week.
Patty from Housewife in Training was kind enough to pass along the Versatile Blogger Award to me! There are a couple of rules that go along with being a recipient of this award, and in order to show my appreciation to Patty for the honor, I’ll follow them.
The first is that I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself. I was fortunate enough to receive this award from another blogger last year, so I thought about reusing those answers. It’s Earth Day this week, right? Reuse? I know, I realized I was being lazy. Here you go:
1. I got a tattoo in Las Vegas a year and a half ago. I was completely sober, planned it for months and designed it myself, with the help of my artistic sister. It has elements that represent myself, my husband and my kids. I love it.
2. Three years ago, we loaded our kids in the car and drove around the country for two weeks. We visited 16 states and many of our national landmarks. Best vacation ever.
3. I have a bad habit of buying the materials for the craft-of-the-moment, then putting the project off until the fad has passed.
4. I was a model for a while during and after high school. That was before the babies.
6. I have 11 nieces, 13 nephews, one great-nephew and a niece-in-law.
7. I enjoy being on a boat, but you will never find me swimming around in deep water. If you do, throw me a life preserver.
Now that you know all kinds of new things about me, on to step two. I am supposed to share this award with 15 other bloggers. This is in no way a complete list of all the blogs out there that I think are great. Hopefully, some of these are new to you:
Big thanks again to Patty at Housewife in Training!